Thursday, January 12, 2012

Milkshake - Street Poetry - Before Sunrise

One of my favourite poems - "Milkshake" from one of my all time favourite movies... Before Sunrise... It's about two souls who accidentally meet and enjoy the virtues of a journey rather than the destination! 

Oh! for this vagabondish disenchantment....




Daydream delusion

Limousine Eyelash

Oh, baby with your pretty face

Drop a tear in my wineglass

Look at those big eyes

See what you mean to me

Sweet cakes and milkshakes

I am a delusion angel

I am a fantasy parade

I want you to know what I think

Don’t want you to guess anymore

You have no idea where I came from

We have no idea where we’re going

Launched in life

Like branches in the river

Flowing downstream

Caught in the current

I’ll carry you. You’ll carry me

That’s how it could be

Don’t you know me?

Don’t you know me by now?
 


1 comment:

Ankita Bakhda said...

beautiful!poets put their souls into words!

Write... Pray!

I want to write. Mostly because I want to be read. Truthfully, because I want to be understood. I love writing because it leaves no scope fo...